Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for the 28th International Conference on Arabidopsis Research. Please review the information below before creating an account and completing your abstract. We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Note: The abstract submission is a separate process from meeting registration. You must first register for the meeting and then submit an abstract.
ICAR only allows one abstract per paid registrant. You will receive two confirmations: one for your registration and one for your abstract submission.
All submitters selected to present oral presentations will be notified by May 1, 2017. Selected presenters will be confirmed by email and then names/titles will be added to the conference program and on the conference website.
Abstracts submitted for oral consideration but not selected, will automatically be converted to poster presentations, unless you submit a request for withdrawal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2017.
Abstract Submission Criteria
Abstracts are limited to 2000 characters (including spaces, but excluding title, authors, & institutions)
Oral presentations will only be considered from the nine conference themes listed below. If you want to be considered for an oral presentation you must submit an abstract by March 31.
- Abiotic Interactions- Oral + Poster
- Cell and Developmental Biology (2 sessions)- Oral + Poster
- Epigenetics and Chromatin- Oral + Poster
- Hormone Signaling- Oral + Poster
- Natural Variation, Evolution, Ecology- Oral + Poster
- Plant Defense and Biotic interactions- Oral + Poster
- Post-translational Regulation- Oral + Poster
- Structural Biology- Oral + Poster
- Translational Biology- Oral + Poster
You may also submit an abstract for poster only. You can submit a “poster-only”abstract until May 12, 2017.
There are six “poster-only” categories (see below) and you may also submit for “poster-only” in the nine categories above.
- Applied: Biotechnology, Molecular Breeding, Human/Societal Health- Poster Only
- Education and Outreach- Posters only
- Gene Regulation – Poster Only
- Metabolism and Biochemistry- Poster Only
- Novel Tools, Techniques and Resources- Poster Only
- Systems or Synthetic Biology, Bioinformatics, Modeling- Poster Only
Note: If you would like to return to your abstract submission to update, please be sure to select "Save". Once you "Save & Finalize", you will be unable to make changes to the submission.
March 31, 2017 – Submission deadline for abstracts requesting oral presentations.
May 12, 2017 – Last day to submit an abstract to be included in the printed abstract book or remove your abstract altogether.